Junior Lord Mayor of Melbourne Competition terms and conditions
1. The Junior Lord Mayor of Melbourne Competition opens 1 June, 2019, and closes at midnight on Friday, 9 August, 2019.
2. To enter you must be aged 10 to 13 years and reside in Victoria.
3. The promoter is Melbourne Day Committee, c/- Level 5, 114 Collins St, Melbourne. Competition entry is free.
4. The competition can be entered directly at MelbourneDay.com.au. A PDF entry form can also be downloaded from the website, with completed PDF entries to be emailed to Education@MelbourneDay.com.au or posted to Melbourne Day, c/- Level 5, 114 Collins St, Melbourne, 3000. Entries must be received by midnight on Friday, 9 August, 2019.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
6. Only one entry per person will be considered.
7. Melbourne Day Committee reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
8. Finalists will be notified within days of the closing date. If you do not respond within two working days of being notified, you will forfeit your prize and Melbourne Day Committee reserves the right to choose another finalist. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Finalists' names will be published on the Melbourne Day website from Monday, 12 August, 2019.
10. By accepting an invitation to be a finalist, you agree to participate in such promotional activities, printed and digital material as Melbourne Day Committee may require.
11. The winner's name will be published on the Melbourne Day website by Friday, 30 August, 2019.
12. Finalists’ parent/guardian must sign a photo release and agreement to participate in Junior Lord Mayor of Melbourne activities.
13. Up to seven finalists will be chosen. Finalists will receive a framed certificate and prize pack.
14. Finalists will be invited to meet the judging panel to answer a selection of questions after which the winner will be decided. Judging will take place on Wednesday, 21 August 2019, at Melbourne Town Hall starting at 10am, and finalists must attend to be in the running for the title of Junior Lord Mayor.
15. The 2019 Junior Lord Mayor will be presented with Junior Mayoral robes and chains, a framed certificate and a prize pack, and will be invited to raise the City of Melbourne flag on Melbourne Day at the official flag-raising ceremony on 30 August 2019, join the Lord Mayor on mayoral duties and be available to participate in Melbourne Day media and promotional activities over 2019 and 2020 as agreed.
16. The Junior Lord Mayor will be invited to be the 2019 Junior Melbourne Day Ambassador for 12 months after winning the competition.
17. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
19. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
20. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
21. This competition is run by Melbourne Day Committee Inc.
22. Melbourne Day Committee reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If this becomes necessary, the amended rules will be published on the relevant competition page of the Melbourne Day website.